TMM Family Services, Inc. began in 1974 as a social services outreach of various local churches, United Way, and other entities. Formerly known as Tucson Metropolitan Ministries, TMM was instrumental in the development and growth of organizations such as the Community Food Bank, Miracle Square Apartments, and Travelers Aid. Over the years, TMM Family Services has grown into a multi-faceted social service agency that is situated on a 8.5 acre campus in midtown Tucson. TMM Family Services is a registered 501(c)(3), and encourages its supporters to learn more about its finances by reading their annual IRS 990 report located on the website.
Seeking guidance from God and in partnership with various faith congregations, TMM’s mission is to:
- Serve at risk children, families and seniors;
- Develop appropriate services utilizing volunteers and professionals;
- Act as a catalyst for positive change;
- Engage congregations to expand community outreach;
- Develop new and ongoing resources for quality ministry.
TMM’s Programs: TMM currently provides several programs to help make Southern Arizona a stronger, safer and healthier community:
- Affordable (low-income) rental housing for seniors, veterans, mentally fragile persons, reunifying families, and single parent families on TMM's Tucson campus and 80 units of affordable housing at the Marana Apartments in Marana. TMM is also a General Partner in three (3) housing campuses in Thatcher and Willcox totaling 120 units.
- Children’s Village - Two (2) licensed children’s group homes for 12 children, ages 1 to 17.
- Family Journey - Transitional apartments for at risk single moms and their children, with professional support provided to assist the single mothers on their road toward self-sufficiency. TMM has two (2) units in Thatcher for this program as well.
- TMM's ReStore - A 10,000 sq. ft. warehouse that sells new & gently used home improvement items to the public with proceeds benefiting TMM's programs. Inventory is maintained through generous donations from the community.
- Community Closet - Through its Voucher Program, the Community Closet distributes free clothing and bedding to our community's most needy individuals & families who have been referred by partner/member nonprofits, government agencies, staffing agencies and religious communities.
- Whole Home Residential Rehabilitation Program for low-income, qualifying households within the City of Tucson. Improvements include (and not limited to) HVAC, electrical, plumbing and roof repair.
**The use of TMM facilities by any groups, organizations, and/or nonprofits are for nonpartisan purposes only.