TMM Family Services, Inc. began in 1974 as a social services outreach of various local churches, United Way, and other entities. Formerly known as Tucson Metropolitan Ministries, TMM was instrumental in the development and growth of organizations such as the Community Food Bank, Miracle Square Apartments, and Travelers Aid. Over the years, TMM Family Services has grown into a multi-faceted social service agency that is situated on a 7 acre campus in midtown Tucson. TMM Family Services is a registered 501(c)(3), and encourages its supporters to learn more about its finances by reading their annual IRS 990 report located on the website.
Seeking guidance from God and in partnership with various faith congregations, TMM’s mission is to:
- Serve at risk children, families and seniors;
- Develop appropriate services utilizing volunteers and professionals;
- Act as a catalyst for positive change;
- Engage congregations to expand community outreach;
- Develop new and ongoing resources for quality ministry.
TMM’s Programs: TMM currently provides several programs to help make Southern Arizona a better, healthier community:
- Children’s Village - Ten (10) licensed children’s group homes for 53 children, ages 1 to 17.
- Family Journey - Twenty (20) transitional apartments for at risk Single Moms and their children, with professional support provided to assist these Single Moms on their road toward self-sufficiency.
- ReStore and Community Closet - Reuses and recycles usable building materials, appliances, furnishings, clothing and bedding, with most clothing free via a voucher system.
- Affordable (rental) housing, with TMM as a General Partner in five (5) housing campuses in Southern Arizona with 280 units for families, seniors, and veterans.
- Owner occupied home repair, with grants up to $5,000 per qualifying household.
Other TMM Information:
TMM Family Services has 75 employees, approximately 200 volunteers (500 over a three year period) and an agency operating budget of $3,300,000 that does not include capital expenses or subsidiary housing projects.
TMM’s main seven acre campus is in midtown Tucson.
The ReStore and Community Closet are located on one acre at 2958 E. 22nd Street.
**The use of TMM facilities by any groups, organizations, and/or nonprofits are for nonpartisan purposes only.